Carcinogenesis, Cancer Chemoprevention and Therapeutics, Tumor Angiogenesis, Radiation Therapy, Anticancer Drug Development from Natural Agents, Spheroids and Cancer Stem Cells
21 years (Post-Ph.D)
1. Indo-US Science Technology Forum (IUSSTF)- 2019 Award for establishing "Centre for Integrative Cancer Biology and Therapeutics" (Virtual Networked Centre - JNU and Stanford University)
2. ICMR International Fellowship for Young Biomedical Scientists-2013-14. (University of California Riverside, USA)
3. Post-doctoral Trainee Award for Prostate Cancer Research, U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Department of Defense, USA. (2003)
4. Scholar-in-Training Award, American Association for Cancer Research, Philadelphia, PA, USA. (2002)
Editorial Board Member (present):
1. Journal of Cancer Prevention (2021- )
2. Scientific Reports- Assocaite Editor (2018- )
3. Frontiers in Cellular Biochemistry - Review Editor (2013- )
2. School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA.
3. College of Pharmacy, Sahmyook University, Seoul, South Korea.
4. Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
5. Department of Chemistry and Polymer Science, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
1. Vinchure OS, Sharma V, Tabasum S, Ghosh S, Singh RP, Sarkar C, Kulshreshtha R. Polycomb complex mediated epigenetic reprogramming alters TGF-β signaling via a novel EZH2/miR-490/TGIF2 axis thereby inducing migration and EMT potential in glioblastomas. International Journal of Cancer, doi: 10.1002/ijc.32360. 2019.
2. Sabarwal A, Agarwal R, Singh RP. Fisetin inhibits cellular proliferation and induces mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in human gastric cancer cells. Molecular Carcinogenesis, 56(2):499-514, 2017.
3. Nambiar DK, Rajamani P, Deep G, Jain AK, Agarwal R, Singh RP. Silibinin preferentially radiosensitizes prostate cancer by inhibiting DNA repair signaling. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 14; 2722-34, 2015.
4. Tailor D, Hahm ER, Kale RK, Singh SV, Singh RP. Sodium butyrate induces DRP1-mediated mitochondrial fusion and apoptosis in human colorectal cancer cells. Mitochondrion, 16; 55-64, 2014.
5. Singh RP, Deep G, Chittezhath M, Kaur M, Dwyer-Nield LD, Malkinson AM, Agarwal R. Effect of silibinin on the growth and progression of primary lung tumors in mice. Journal of National Cancer Institute, 98; 846-55, 2006.
Publications: 164 (Research articles: 145; Book chapters: 13; Proceedings: 5 and Book: 1), 71/145 Papers in Journals of > 5 Impact Factor, H-index: 69, Citations: >11,000Conference/Abstract presentation/publication: 137
1. Breast Cancer – Biology, Prevention and Treatment. A.R. Rao and Rana P. Singh. Red Flower Publication, New Delhi, 2015.
Guest Editor for Special Issues:
1. Mitochondrion (2019) - Mitochondria in Health and Disease
2. Mitochondrion (May, 2014) – Role of Mitochondria in Health and Disease
3. Nutrition and Cancer (May, 2013) – Mechanisms of Bioactive Phytochemicals in Cancer Chemoprevention
4. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology (Nov. 2011) - Emerging Trends in Cancer: Prevention and Therapeutics
1. Singh RP, Nambiar D, Agarwal R. “A novel and selective radiosensitizing agent for providing mechanism-based radiosensitizing effects in prostate cancer.” Patent files, application no. 2889/del/2015.
2. Kaschula, CH, Singh RP, Sabarwal A, Dheeraj A." 4’-substituted analogues of fisetin and their use in the treatment of cancer." 202021052123/IN/Nov2020.