Centre for the Study of Regional Development,
School of Social Sciences
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
B.Ed, PG Diploma in Remote Sensing, M.Phil, Ph.D
Areas of Interest/Specialization
Climate, Climate Change, Water resources
Prior to joining JNU
* Head, Department of Natural Resources, TERI University
* Fellow and Area Convener, TERI, New Delhi
Awards & Honours
* World Bank Fellowship for advanced training in GIS and internet mapping applications, during June-July 2001 at University of Redlands, University of California and Environment Systems Research Institute, California.
* International Center for Science and technology (ICS) of UNIDO fellowship for training on "Geographic Information System and Water Management for Industrial Activities" at Hanoi, 8 18 June 1997, organized by and the Ministry of Industry of the Government of Vietnam
* Solar and wind resources assessment of 15 countries, Under Global Environment Facility, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) during 2002-2007.
* Regional Air Pollution in Developing Countries (RAPIDC): Case study for Hyderabad city funded by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) through Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), Stockholm.
* Environmental/Social performance indicators and sustainability markers in mineral development: Reporting progress towards improved ecosystem health and human well being. The project at TERI and funded by IDRC, Canada.
* Measuring, monitoring and managing sustainability: The coastal dimension. Coordinated by TERI, partnered by four countries and Supported by European Commission`s Programme for International Cooperation with Developing Countries (INCO-DC) under its Research and Technological Development (RTD) activities (1998-2002)
* Population, consumption and environment: A tourist spot scenario. The project was funded by MacArthur foundation, USA. 1998-2000
Best Peer Reviewed Publications (upto 5)
* Seasonal variability in aerosol optical depth over India: a spatio-temporal analysis using the MODIS aerosol product, International Journal of Remote Sensing,. 2013. 34:13, 4832-4849 (along with P. Acharya)
* Taming the river: Concerns and Policies in Managing the Floods. In Anand R et.al Edited Disaster Management and Sustainable Management: Emerging Issues and Concerns, pp28-45. Pentagon Press, New Delhi
* Group Report: Sustainability, in: H.J. Schellnhuber, P.J. Crutzem, W.C. Clark, M. Claussen, and H. Held (eds.), Earth System Analysis for Sustainability, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 454 pp., 409-434, 2004. (along with Kinzig, A.P., W.C. Clark, O. Edenhofer, G.C. Gallopin, W. Lucht, R.B. Mitchell, P. Romero Lankao, C, Tickell, and O.R. Young)
* Water Woes: Examining the manifestations of water stress in Indian villages. EPW, November 2003. (along with Krishanan R, S Bhadwal, S Singhal, A Javed)
* Understanding ecosystem transformation: reflections from a study in a tourist destination, AMBIO, June, 2002. (along with Ligia Noronha, Alito Siqueira, Lubina Qureshy and Saltanat Kazi)
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books (upto 3)
* Climate Change and Island and Coastal Vulnerability. Springer. The Netherlands. Edited. 2013. (along with Sundaresan, J, AL Ramanathan, L Sonnenchein and R Boojh)
* Climate Change Impact on Ecosystem. Scientific Publishers (India), Jodhpur. Edited. 2013. (along with Sundaresan, J, AL Ramanathan, L Sonnenchein and R Boojh)
* Climate Change and Environment. Scientific Publishers (India) , Jodhpur. Edited. 2013. (along with Sundaresan, J, AL Ramanathan, L Sonnenchein and R Boojh)
Patents (if any)