Ph.D., M.Tech., M.Sc.
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, Supercondctivity, Mutiferoics and Thermoelctric materials
Over 16 years of Post-Ph.D. research and teaching
* Fulbright – Nehru Senior Research Fellowship (2011)
* Commonwealth Fellowship, University of Cambridge UK (2009)
* SCOPUS Young Scientist Award (2008)
* DAE Young Achiever Award (2006)
* Merrill – Lynch innovation award (2001)
* National Scholarship (1989 – 1991)
* State Merit Scholarship (1980 -1989)
* Citations for published research work: over 3200
* Associate Researcher, Applied Superconductivity Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA (with Prof. David Larbalestier) 2000 -2002.
* Visiting Scientist, Laboratoire des Physique des solides, Université Paris Sud, Orsay, France (with Prof. Helene Raffy and Marcin Konczykowski) October 1998.
* Academic Staff Fellow, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK (with Prof. Judith Driscoll) 2009 – 2010.
* Senior Research Fellow, University of Wisconsin-Madison (With Prof. C. B. Eom) 2011 - 2012.
* INSA visiting fellow, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (with Prof. Xingjiang Zhou) June 2015.
1. Strongly linked current flow in polycrystalline forms of MgB2, D. C . Larbalestier, M. Rikel, L. D. Cooley, A. A. Polyanski, J. Y. Jiang, S. Patnaik, X. Y. Cai, D. M. Feldman, A. Gurevich, A. A. Squitieri, M. T. Naus, C. B. Eom, E. E. Helstrom, R. J. Cava, K. A. Regan, N. Rogado, A. Hayward, T. He, J. S. Slusky, P. Khalifah, I. Inumaru, and M. Haas, Nature 410, 186 (2001).
2. Dominance of magnetoelastic coupling in hexagonal multiferroic YMnO3, A. K. Singh, S. D. Kaushik, V. Siriguri and S. Patnaik, Phys. Rev. B 81, 184406 (2010).
3. Substantial magneto-electric coupling in Bi2Fe4O9, A. K. Singh, S. D. Kaushik, P. K. Mishra, V. Siriguri, B. Kumar and S. Patnaik, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 132910 (2008).
4. Bulk superconductivity in Bismuth Oxysulfide Bi4O4S3, S. K. Singh, A. Kumar, B. Gahtori, Shruti, G. Sharma, S. Patnaik, V.P.S. Awana, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134 16504 (2012).
5. Control of exchange in cobalt nanoparticles by partial oxidation, D. Srikala, V. Singh, A. Banerjee, B. R. Mehta and S. Patnaik Jour. of Chem. Phys. C 112, 36, 13882 (2008).
1. Superconductivity by Sr Intercalation in layered topological Insulator Bi2Se3, Shruti, V. K. Maurya, P.Neha, P. Srivastava, and S. Patnaik, Phys. Rev. B., 92, 020506R (2015).
2. Superconducting properties of indium-doped topological crystalline insulator SnTe, V. K. Maurya, Shruti, P. Srivastava and S. Patnaik. EPL, 108 37010 (2014).
3. Magnetism driven ferroelectricity above liquid nitrogen temperature in Y2CoMnO6, G. Sharma, J. Saha, S. D. Kaushik, V. Siruguri, and S. Patnaik Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 012903 (2013).