Theory, computational and simulation studies in Astrophysical plasmas, Structure formations in interstellar media, Molecular clouds, Dense stars, Degenerate systems, Gravitational instability, Rayleigh-Taylor instability, Kelvin-Helmholtz instability, Neutrino-plasma interactions in core-collapse supernovae, Dusty (complex) plasmas, Strongly coupled plasmas.
Associate Professor: School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (Nov 2020-till date)
Assistant Professor: Department of Pure and Applied Physics, Guru Ghasidas Central University, Bilaspur, India (July 2011 – Nov 2020)
Visiting Associate: Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune, India (July 2019-June 2022)
Postdoctoral Fellow: Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, India (Dec 2010 – July 2011) with Prof. Rajaraman Ganesh
Major Research Projects Completed/Ongoing (03): ISRO, Bengaluru; SERB, New Delhi; UGC, New Delhi
Ph.D. Supervised: 02; M.Sc. Projects: 25
- Visiting Associateship awarded by IUCAA, Pune, India (2019).
- JRF in DST, New Delhi funded research project (2007).
- Young Scientist in Physics awarded by Vigyan Bharti (2009).
- BUTI Young Scientist Award by Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI) (2009).
- DST Fast Track Young Scientist Award (2013).
- BRICS Young Scientist, DST, New Delhi (2017)
- Association of Asia Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS-DPP) Best Research Award in Solar/Astro category, Kanazawa, Japan (2018).
- Fellowships awarded to present research papers and deliver talks in abroad: DST, New Delhi SPPT Czech Republic (2010); ICTP/IAEA ICTP, Italy (2010); ICPDP, Germany (2011); ITER-ICTP-IAEA, ICTP, Italy (2011); ITC-23 NIFS, Japan (2013); ICPP, Taiwan (2016); APPC-AIP, Australia (2016); AAPPS-DPP, Japan (2016); DST, BRICS, China (2017); APPC, Malaysia (2019).
- Referee for peer review process of reputed journals: ApJ (IOP), PLA (Elsevier), PoP (AIP), AP&SS (Springer), PP&CF (IOP), JPP (Cambridge Press), PScr (IOP), Pramana (Springer), CPP (Wiley), EPL (IOP), EPJD (Springer), JA&A (IAS).
- BRICS Alumni Network among researchers of BRICS Nations.
- Member in Advisory Panel of Editorial Board of Physica Scripta, IOP (UK).
- KU Leuven, Belgium with Prof. Ronny Keppens
- Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia with Prof. Birendra Pandey
- Self-gravitational instability of rotating viscous Hall plasma with arbitrary radiative heat-loss functions and electron inertia, R. P. Prajapati, R. K. Pensia, S. Kaothekar and R. K. Chhajlani, Astrophys. Space Sci. 327, (2010) 139.
- Effect of polarization force on the Jeans instability of self-gravitating dusty plasma, R. P. Prajapati, Physics Letters A, 375 (2011) 2624.
- Radiative condensation instability in gravitating strongly coupled dusty plasma with polarization force, R. P. Prajapati and S. Bhakta, Astrophys. Space Sci., 357 (2015) 101.
- Influence of dust charge fluctuation and polarization force on radiative condensation instability of magnetized gravitating dusty plasma, R. P. Prajapati and S. Bhakta, Physics Letters A, 379 (2015) 2723.
- Gravitational instability of rotating anisotropic pressure quantum plasma, S. Argal, R. P. Prajapati and P. K. Sharma, J. Plasma Physics, 83 (2017) 905830203.
- Rayleigh-Taylor instability in non-uniform magnetized rotating strongly coupled viscoelastic fluid, R. P. Prajapati, Physics of Plasmas, 23 (2016) 022106.
- Influence of neutrino beam on the Jeans instability in a magnetized quantum plasma, R. P. Prajapati, Physics of Plasmas 24 (2017) 122902.
- The rotating Rayleigh-Taylor instability in a strongly coupled dusty plasma, Bivash Dolai and R. P. Prajapati, Physics of Plasmas 25 (2018) 083708.
- Effects of dust charge gradient and polarization forces on the waves and Jean instability in strongly coupled dusty plasma, Bivash Dolai and R. P. Prajapati, Physics Letters A 384, 126462 (2020).