Ph. D from Centre of Russian Studies, JNU in 1986 in the field of language and translation.
Language teaching, translation and culture studies
As permanent w.e.f 1999. As Professor w.e.f. 24.3.2011
Awarded the Pushkin Medal – 2019, by MAPRYAL, International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature for promotion of Russian Language and Literature and strengthening of International Relations between Russia and India.
Awarded the Modernites Award for Excellence – 2019, by the Modern School Old Students Association for promotion of Russian Studies by Ms. Ketaki Sood Trustee, Modern School New Delhi.
Awarded Education Award for Excellence - 2016, by Confederation of Education Excellence (CEE), on 5th Sept. 2016 to mark the Teachers Day by Mr. Manish Sisodia Dy. CM of Delhi, for her contribution in the field of Higher Education.
Awarded : Dr. Radhakrishnan Millennium National Teacher Award - 2010 for contribution in the field of education, by IEYSS, Delhi. (in April 2011)
Field Work Visit, Lectures delivered, discussion with faculty members: at the invitation of Lomonosov Moscow State University & Institute of Asian and African Studies, from 18 Sept. 2019 to 30 Nov. 2019.
Visited the Indian Embassy Moscow at the invitation of Dr. D. B. Venkatesh Verma, Ambassador Extra Ordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of India to the Russian Federation
Interacted with Prof. B. Zakharyin, HOD, Indian Philology, IAAS, Moscow State University, Nov. 2019.
Interacted with Prof. S. Serebryany, Director, E.M. Meletinsky Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities, Russian State University of Humanities, Nov. 2019.
Interacted with Prof. N. Garbovski, Director and Prof. O. I. Kostikova, Dy. Director, Higher School of Translation, Moscow State University, Oct. 2019.
Interacted with Prof. A. Stolyarov, Director & Prof. Indira Gazieva, Dy. Director, International Centre for South Asian Studies, Russian State University of Humanities, Sept. 2019.
Certificate of Training of Russian Language and Literature Studies at the International Seminar organised by People’s Friendship University, Dept. of Advanced Training, at JNU from 14 Aug. 2017 to 5 Oct 2017
Member, Foundation of Russkimir, June 2017.
Visiting Scholar, Institute School of Journalism and Mass Communications, St. Petersburg State University, 2017
Member of Organizing committee of the conference "Language in Coordinates of Mass Media", St. Petersburg State University on 2nd – 6th July 2017.
Member, Editorial Board of the journal Media Linguistics, published by St. Petersburg State University, 2017.
A. Visiting Scholar (June – July 2016):
* Harriman Institute, Columbia University (Dept. of Russian, Eurasian and East European Studies), New York, USA
* Hamilton Institute, Columbia University (Dept. of Slavic Languages), New York, USA
* New York University, (Dept. of Russian and Slavic Studies), New York, USA
B. Member, Standing Committee on International Collaboration (SCIC), year 2014 – 2016
C. Member Editorial Board, Journalism and Communication Applications, St. Petersburg State Academic Library, 2016
D. Discussion on international consultancy / exchange programmes / collaboration with:
* Prof. Alexander A Cooley – The Director of Harriman Institute, Columbia University, USA (2016)
* Dr. Alla Smyslova, Hamilton Institute, Columbia University, USA (2016)
* Prof. Yani Kotsonis, Director Russian and Slavic studies, New York University (2016)
* Victor A. Koksharov, Rector, Ural Federal University, Russia (at JNU) in (March 2016)
* Prof. NK Garbovski Head, Higher School of Translation, Moscow State University. (May – June 2013)
* Prof. V M Shaklein, People’s Friendship University of Russia, Moscow (May – June 2013)
* Rector, Moscow State Regional University, Department of Russian Language and Linguistics, (May – June 2013)
* Prof. SI Bogdanov, Vice-Rector, for Educational Programme and Research for Asian, African Studies, Arts and Philology St. Petersburg State University (May – June 2013).
* Prof. AV Sukharev, St. Petersburg State University (Department of Russian Language and Translation) (May – June 2013).
* Prof. Boris Gasparov, (Professor of Russian and East European Studies), Department of Slavic Language - Harriman Institute of Russian and Eurasian Studies, Columbia University, New York (Dec. 2010).
* Dr. Emma Widdis, Head of the Department of Slavonic Studies, Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages, University of Cambridge (Nov. 2010).
* Prof. Andrei Zorin, Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages, University of Oxford (Nov. 2010).
‘Methodology of Teaching Newspaper Material to Foreign Students’ published in the proceedings of the International conference on Teaching Russian as Foreign Language & Literature in India: Trends & Development Prospects, organized by Rossotrudnichestvo at RCSC, New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-5-00150-813-7), Dec. 2019.
‘Newspaper Material in Teaching of Russian Language’ published in the proceedings of International Telemost Conference between JNU & Republic of Belarus: Belarus, Russia India Cooperation in the Field of Teaching of Russian Language, organized jointly by CRS, JNU and University of Russia and Belarus. (ISBN: 978-985-90339-9-5), Nov. 2018.
Centre of Russian Studies and 70 years of Indo-Russian Diplomatic Relations, published in the souvenir of International conference: The Russian Studies: Changing Dimensions in Literature and Culture Language and Translation, held at JNU, Nov. 9 – 11, 2017
‘Great Russian Word’ published in the Russian Journal of Linguistics published by the Russian People’s Friendship University, Russia, (No.3, 2017) (ISSN: 2312-9182)
‘Newspaper in Teaching of Russian Language’ published in the journal Media Linguistics published by the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Lomonosov St. Petersburg State University, Russia, (No.6, 2017) (ISSN: 2312-0274)
Translation for Special Purposes: Theory and Practice’ published in the journal Vestnik published by the Higher School of Translation and Interpretation, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia, (No.2, 2014) (ISSN: 0201-7385) (ISSN: 2074-6636)
Religion and Culture (with special reference to Medieval Bhakti Movements)’, published in the journal of Moscow State Regional University, "Translation and cognitive science in the twenty-first century." International Scientific Theoretical Conference (25-26 April 2013). Moscow. 2013 MSRU ILiMK. (Pp. 68-74).
Translating Culture through Religion (the works of Women Bhakta Saints)’, published in the journal, ‘Translation and the Accommodation of Diversity: Indian and Non-Indian Perspectives’ organised in collaboration with University of Hyderabad (India), held at Universite de Bretagne-Sud, Lorient, Paris (22-24 Nov. 2010). Published by Peter Lang Publishers 2013.
‘Globalization and Foreign Languages – Learning and Teaching’ published in the journal: “Globalization - Indian Education and Society”, published by Shiksha Prakshan, Jaipur, 2019 (ISBN:978-93-82138-31-0)
CRS and 70 years of Indo Russian Diplomatic Relations, published in CRITIC, journal of CRS, JNU, Issue No. 15, Special Issue dedicated to Prof. CN Chakravarty Dec. 2018 (ISSN: 2229-7146)
70 years of Indo-Russian Diplomatic Relations, published in the souvenir of National Seminar cum Workshop Emerging Trends in Translation Studies, held at CRS, JNU, Sep. 6 – 7, 2017
Book Review – Modern Russian Language Techniques of Writing Media Texts, by Prof. Lilia Duskaeva, Moscow, published in CRITIC, journal of CRS, JNU, Issue No. 14, Dec. 2017 (ISSN: 2229-7146)
‘Sufism: The Mystic Path of Peace’ published in the book India and Turkmenistan published by Shipra Publications (2017) (ISBN: 978-81-7541-882-0).
Peer Review – of the book Revisiting East Central Europe and Russia Society and Culture 20 Years After, on behalf of ICSSR. This volume comprises of papers presented at the International Conference organized by the Dept. of Slavonic & Finno-Ugrian Studies, Delhi University held on 6-7 March 2013. First edition, 2015 (ISBN: 978-93-82848-69-1)
Book Review – Practical Course of Russian Language by VG Budai, J Raghuvanshi and S. Joshi, published in CRITIC, journal of CRS, JNU, Issue No. 12 (Vol. II), Dec. 2014 (ISSN: 2229-7146)
* "A Systematic Approach to Translation of Newspaper Materials from Russian into English (Part 1)" Goyal Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd. ISBN-978-81-8307-474-2, March 2012
* "A Systematic Approach to Translation of Social Science Materials from Russian into English (Part 2)", Goyal Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd. ISBN-978-81-8307-475-9, March 2012
* "A Handbook on Translation of Newspaper and Social Science Materials", Goyal Publishers & Distributors Pvt. Ltd., ISBN-978-81-8307-476-6, March 2012