B. R. Panda
School of Biotechnology
- University of Oxford, Oxford, UK: D.Phil.
- University of Delhi, New Delhi, India: M.Sc.
Areas of Interest/Specialization
- Genome Science and Technology
- Computational Biology
- Biological Big Data Analysis
- Metabolic Engineering
- Biodiversity Genomics and Informatics
- Professor: School of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
- Director: Ganit Labs Foundation, Bangalore, India.
Awards & Honours
- American Cancer Society Junior-Post-Doctoral Fellowship, USA.
- Felix Scholarship, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
- Graduate Research Fellowship, St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
- Radhakrishnan Memorial Bequest Award, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
Professor S. Ishikawa: University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan Professor G. Black: University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Best Peer Reviewed Publications
- Krishnan NM, Mohanraj I and Panda B: CAFE MOCHA: An Integrated Platform for Discovering Clinically Relevant Molecular Changes in Cancer-An Example of Distant Metastasis- and Recurrence-Linked Classifiers in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology – CCI; https://doi.org/10.1200/CCI.17.00045 (2018).
- Palve V, Bagwan J, Krishnan NM, Pareek M, Chandola U, Suresh A, Siddappa G, James BL, Kekatpure V, Kuriakose MA and Panda B: Detection of High-Risk Human Papillomavirus in Oral Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma Using Multiple Analytes and Their Role in Patient Survival. Journal of Global Oncology; https://doi.org/10.1200/JGO.18.00058 (2018).
- Krishnan NM, Dhas K, Nair J, Palve V, Bagwan J, Siddappa G, Suresh A, Kekatpure V, Kuriakose MA and Panda B: A Minimal DNA Methylation Signature in Oral Tongue Squamous Cell Carcinoma Links Altered Methylation with Tumor Attribute. Molecular Cancer Research; Online First on June 10. https://doi.org/10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-15-0395 (2016).
- Krishnan NM, Gupta S, Palve V, Varghese L, Pattnaik S, Jain P, Khyriem C, Hariharan A, Dhas K, Nair J, Pareek M, Prasad V, Siddappa G, Suresh A, Kekatpure V, Kuriakose MA and Panda B: Integrated analysis of oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma identifies key variants and pathways linked to risk habits, HPV, clinical parameters and tumor recurrence. F1000Res. November 4. https://f1000research.com/articles/4-1215/v1 (2015).
- Krishnan NM, Pattnaik S, Jain P, Gaur P, Chaudhary R, Vaidyanathan S, Deepak SA, Hariharan AK, Krishna PGB, Nair J, Varghese L, Valivarthi NK, Dhas K, Ramaswamy K and Panda B: A draft of the genome and four transcriptomes of a medicinal and pesticidal angiosperm Azadirachta indica. BMC Genomics. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2164-13-464 (2012).
Recent Peer Reviewed Journals/Books
- Panda B: Big Data and Cancer Biology. Edited Vol. in Big Data Analytics, Springer, Pyne et al. (eds.), Big Data Analytics, pp 259-276,ISBN: 978-81-322-3626-9. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9788132236269 (2014).
- Krishnan NM and Panda B: In Genomic Medicine Principles and Practice. Second Edition. Edited by D. Kumar and C. Eng. Oxford University Press, USA, ISBN: 978-0-19-989602-8, http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/med/9780199896028.003.0006 (2016)