Neurobiology of depression and neurodegenerative disorders
10 Years (Asstt. Professor in Human Physiology) at RPM College, Uttarpara, Hooghly (University of Calcutta), (W.B.)
* DBT funded project on Effect of naturally occurring as well as synthetic cyclic molecules on inhibition of beta amyloid aggregation in vivo and in vitro. DBT, 2017--2020
* DBT funded project on “Arresting Pre Fibriller Aggregates of Alzheimer’s Amyloid by Synthetic Antibodies” 2013-2016
* LSRB-DRDO funded project on ““Role of MAP Kinase in behavioral model of depression: Effect of chronic antidepressant treatment” 2012-2015
* SERB-DST funded project on “Role of neurotrophins in stress and depression” 2010-2013
* UGC sponsored project on “Role of Monoamine Neurotransmitters in Learned Helplessness Behavior and Depression in Rat Model.”, 2008-2010
* Dr. A. Namasivayam Award by IABMS, 2016
* International Travel Grant from UGC, 2013
* Dr. K. Anji Reddy Prize by 23rd Annual conference of PSI & Doctors Reddys, 2011
* Fellow of UIC (Chicago), 2003-2005
* Young Scientist Award by Indian Science Congress Association, 2000.
1. Ahmad MH, Fatima M, Ali M, Rizvi MA, Mondal AC*. Naringenin alleviates paraquat-induced dopaminergic neuronal loss in SH-SY5Y cells and a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. Neuropharmacology, 2021, 201, 108831 Oct 13. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm. 2021.108831.
2. Paul A, Kumar S, Kalita S, Kalita S, Sarkar D, Bhunia A, Bandyopadhyay A, Mondal AC*, Mondal B. An explicitly designed paratope of Amyloid-β prevents neuronal apoptosis in vitro and hippocampal damage in rat brain. Chemical Science, 2021, 12 (8):2853-2862. Edge article
3. Srivastav S, Anand BG, Fatima M, Prajapati KP, Yadav SS, Kar K, Mondal AC*. Piperine coated gold nanoparticles alleviate paraquat-induced neurotoxicity in Drosophila melanogaster. ACS Chemical Neuroscience 2020;11(22):3772-3785.
4. Kumar S, Srivastav S, Fatima M, Giri RS, Mandal B, Mondal AC*. A Synthetic Pro-Drug Peptide Reverses Amyloid-β-Induced Toxicity in the Rat Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease 2019, 69(2):499-512.
5. Fatima M, Srivastav S, Ahmad MH, Mondal AC*. Effects of chronic unpredictable mild stress induced prenatal stress on neurodevelopment of neonates: Role of GSK-3β. Scientific Reports 2019 Feb 4, 9 (1):1305 (doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-38085-2)
6. Srivastav S, Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Bacopa monnieri attenuates paraquat induced toxicity in Drosophila by inhibiting apoptosis through redox stabilization and improved mitochondrial function. Neurochemistry International 2018, 121: 98-107.
1. Rani L & Mondal AC*. Unravelling the role of gut microbiota in Parkinson’s disease progression: Pathogenic and therapeutic implications. Neuroscience Research, 2021, doi.org/10.1016/j.neures.2021.01.001
2. Sahu MR & Mondal AC*. Neuronal Hippo Signaling: From Development to Diseases. Developmental Neurobiology 2020 Dec 4. doi: 10.1002/dneu.22796.
3. Anand SK & Mondal AC*. Neuroanatomical distribution and functions of Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2020; 98(5): 754-763.
4. Sahu MR & Mondal AC*. The emerging role of Hippo signaling in neurodegeneration. Journal of Neuroscience Research 2020; 98(5): 796-814.
5. Rani L & Mondal AC*. Emerging concepts of mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkinson’s disease progression: Pathogenic and Therapeutic Implications. Mitochondrion 2020; 50: 25-34.
6. Sushma & Mondal AC*. Role of GPCR signaling and calcium dysregulation in Alzheimer’s disease. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 2019 Oct 23; 101, 103414
7. Srivastav S., Fatima M, Mondal AC*. Important medicinal herbs in Parkinson’s disease pharmacotherapy. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 2017, 92: 856-863
8. Anand SK, Mondal AC*. Cellular and Molecular attributes of Neuronal Stem Cell Niches in Adult Zebrafish Brain. Developmental Neurobiology 2017, 77(10):1188-1205.